In many situations we found examples of corporate visual identity that have raised our interest, surprise, passivity or indifference…
The eyes, in the same way that our minds, carry out an exercise of codify-decodify of everything that tries to express with certain colors, series of lines of specific stroke, typographic or source through the advertising name that was under our noses.
However, any corporate visual identity, the way that we imagine for it, would have to be based by a set of key elements to comply with purposes and specific functions for which was created by art directors, responsible for design, creative or specific.
The phase of previous research, like all process of analysis, study, sketching and design, elements of visual identity, etc. must follow a series of guidelines argued at all times. That argumentation in each of these levels, you will configure a key idea for the creative Department and the end customer.
- Keep in mind at all times the historical the company, institution, industry, shop etc. as well as what has been the competition and, of course, what better identifies the client what pursues. His image graphic, typography, etc. must be at all times consistent and cohesive with the values, mission, vision and philosophy by and for their audiences.
- Creativity must fight for the differentiation of identity. In essence, the distinction in a market must be pursued at all times upon saturated with large multinational companies, branding of masses or “massive listed brands”. An ideas that underpin our visual identity, which share the principles of the client from the first to the last and, like not looking at all times a distinctive element (chromatic, typographic,) style, stroke, shape, etc. that can cause in different audiences “mental click”.
- Do not abuse the color. There are unwritten rules holding that the chromatic range for a suitable and professional visual identity must be centered in 1 or 3 colors maximum. If to this we add the ranges and shades of each color, we can obtain a broad palette for our future creation. Simply observe large international Visual identities. Only 1, 2 or 3 are the colors used in the harmonization of its visual identity: Disney, The Rolling Stones, Twitter, WWF, VISA, Nestle, SONY, Mentos, Nintendo, Wal-Mart, etc. Although there are also exceptions.
- Properly secure the corporate applications of all logo. For every Department, Creativity, Design, MK or sales department there is nothing more discouraging than the existence of limitations when it comes to faithfully reproduce the brand media and certain media. A corporate identity, consistent with the public would be ineffective if it is not able to play properly in grayscale, RGB, CMYK, an ink and, at the same time, that is world-readable.
- Associated with emotions and experiences of brand visual identity. The creative Department of a company should seek agreement cohesive with all those elements or arguments of emotions of brand arriving to awaken interest and identification with the target audience that is against our brand. The brand experience should become (if not already done so) in a fundamental premise in the development and creation of the visual identity in our daily work. The element brand, an event, story, history, data or situation that we will be able to join our design, could serve as a thread to reinforce that experience, so wake up and reinforce brand positioning and its effects.
- Cleaning, minimalism, synthesis, facilitating the remembrance, economy and simplicity. The head in the creation of a corporate visual identity must be very present all of these concepts in their daily work. The constant search for a sign or sign element of the enterprise that we try to create must be in its communication, meet all those expectations. If we look at everything around us, are numerous examples of visual identity that could be classified according to these characteristics. The trend of the late 1990s and designed by design professionals and public is seated. If we risk in visual identity we we provoke confusion in our public out of the standard.
- Try not to use more than two fonts. Think of it as an obligation in your work and development of visual identity. A negative perception is what you get from a design identity that employs numerous and inconsistent fonts without justification. In addition, incompatibilities between fonts can be fatal and ruin a visual identity.
- All time sees in looking for a design of visual identity coherent and balanced, without stridency, free of noise or elements that distract or recharge the essence. Pursues good visual weight, the compensation elements and chromatic and, above all, endowed with its own personality and strength that what do hours of work.
- Of course, under no circumstances use color images, cliparts, simple icons (trains, cars, prams, etc.) to culminate the denomination of your corporate identity. The same can be said in the use of sparkles, Glitters, drop shadows, mergers, reflections and effects.
juanjook.com has every day in his work all that set of phases of the creative process in the design of corporate visual identity. Mainly because the client (whatever its nature) deserves a specific study time, and we shall continue faithful to that set of creative principles of construction, trying to give maximum consistency in the realization of the corporate visual identity. The aim of contributing to increase the memory and persuade producing a nod in the public must be a daily priority.