Once you have reached to ask if logos have own life? if sometimes they change their appearance depending on the medium in which they reproduce, but on the other hand, in the minds of the target are kept in the same way? did you have idea that the Brand Manual is the official and reliable document on which sit the variations of a brand institution, company, etc?
At some point we have come to wonder if a brand manual is reallyuseful and necessary for a brand, company, celebrity, institution, company, person or entity, and if becomes effective and applicable since its creation.
At the time that we are who directly are exposed to diverse impacts and daily advertising strategies by different media, we use different lines, styles and forms transmitted by different trademarks, multinational or institutions.
The same companies and brands are who integrate dynamism and versatility when they have to communicate with its public purpose and trying to awaken your interest in forced way.
Before mentioned above, various companies are beginning to develop and establish the basis of the creation and origins of the brand in a so-called editorial design: Basic applications for the corporate Visual Identity manual.
The manual should therefore include basic and formal elements from the formal interpretation of the logo symbol or logo of the company, trade mark, firm, institution. It is the designer, developer, responsible for communication the actor responsible for the proper use of all and each of the manifestations and projections of the brand.
What is certain is that all brand manual should included, regardless of the number of pages, a set of common sections:
- Birth, evolution, and reasons for its occurrence:
– name, vision, mission, added values, positioning, style and philosophy
- Logo, icon, symbol, logo: brief argumentation, color and effects.
- Construction guideline: module construction and proportions on which is based on the corporate identity.
- Color guidelines: primary and secondary…
- Font and font substitution.
- Color versions: positive, negative, monochrome, grayscale, color, etc.
- Allowed, minimum size reduction and readability test space of respect.
- Authorized and unauthorized brand uses.
- Offline applications: letter sheet, reports, American postcard, business card, sheet bill, ads, modules, lettering of vehicles, corporate apparel, covers, catalogues, brochures, reviews, yearbooks, bags, packaging, CD, DVD, calendar, merchandising, etc.
- Online applications: newsletter, email, signature html headers, web design or landing, communications, etc.
As well advise Juanjook.com through his website, you must not forget that the Brand print Manual document has to be visible and easily updatable. Everything that we don’t want for ourselves, we do not attempt it for our own brand. At all times we will have to heed the recommendations of advertising professionals, layout, design, Visual Arts, etc. that determined for the proper cohesion, coherence and operating parts and applications to the mark or signature that is able to express different aspects of public and private.
Comenta comenta y así hablamos